After scouring the countryside of Britain, the original painting of Mystical Tutor was discovered. Funnily enough it was still in the artist’s possession after all these years.
With the market for Original Magic Art at an all time high, David has decided to auction the piece off to the highest bidder. The auction started on Sunday and the current price has already climbed to $7,500. The auction is being run on the MTG Art Exchange Facebook group by Guy Coulson, the agent of John Avon.
To get a few more eyes on the auction and add a bit of excitement, he has agreed to run a Guessing Game on OMA.
- The Guessing Game starts as soon as this article goes live (8:00 PM EST, Tues. June 9) and runs until Midnight of Saturday, June 13. This will ensure that all guesses are made before the final result of the auction is known.
- Guesses must include the following information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Indicate whether you collect Magic art (for statistical purposes)
- Your Guess
- All Guesses must be in a pure number format. No commas, dollar signs or decimals allowed.
- Input just the number (ie 15000, etc.); anything else will be rejected.
- Price is Right rules for Guesses: Closest to the total without going over.
- 1 Guess per Person. Duplicate entries will be removed. Follow Wheaton’s Law.
- Guesses are in US Dollars unless otherwise specified.
David has been kind enough to offer a large signed print of your choice of his Magic art. The person that comes closest to the final bid without going over will receive the signed print direct from the artist. Finding a print of David’s work is extremely hard to come by and his signature is similarly rare.
In addition, anyone able to guess the exact closing amount of the auction will receive an Artist Proof from the OMA private collection. I’ve been able to avoid giving away any of my proofs for the last two Guessing Games, will you be able to break the streak?
The rules are set and the prizes are awesome.
Let the Guessing Game begin!
Here are the guess we have received so far. Get your guesses in before the deadline!
Here are the guess we have received so far. Get your guesses in before the deadline![yawpp-signs-4]