Fresh off the spoiler presentation from San Diego Comic Con, the interest level for the original paintings of Akroma, Angel of Wrath and Akroma, Angel of Fury by Terese Nielsen has been sky high. With the pieces finally back from Wizards of the Coast, Terese has started listing the paintings and their corresponding preliminary sketches on Ebay.
As soon as these auctions close, she will be listing the Akroma, Angel of Fury painting and sketch. As you can see from the current auctions, the final result will likely be well into the 5 figures.
To get a few more eyes on the auctions and add a bit of excitement, Terese has agreed to run another Guessing Game on OMA.
- The Guessing Game starts as soon as this article goes live (12:01 AM EDT, Thur. July 30) and runs until Midnight of Wednesday, August 5. This will ensure that all guesses are made before the final result of all of the auctions are known.
- Guesses must include the following information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Indicate whether you collect Magic art (for statistical purposes)
- Your Guess
- All Guesses must be in a pure number format. No commas, dollar signs or decimals allowed.
- Input just the number (ie 15000, etc.); anything else will be rejected.
- Price is Right rules for Guesses: Closest to the total without going over.
- Guesses have been hidden to make it more fair for earlier guessers. Guess with confidence.
- For this Guessing Game, you are guessing the final total for all 4 auctions.
- 1 Guess per Person. Duplicate entries will be removed. Follow Wheaton’s Law.
- Guesses are in US Dollars unless otherwise specified.
Terese has been kind enough to offer a large signed print of both Akroma, Angel of Wrath and Akroma, Angel of Fury. If Wizards does send Artist Proofs for this set, the winner of the Guessing Game will be receiving one of each card along with a sketch on the back of Terese’s choosing.
In addition, anyone able to guess the exact closing amount of the auctions will receive an Artist Proof from the OMA private collection. I’ve been able to avoid giving away any of my proofs for the last three Guessing Games, will you be able to break the streak?
The rules are set and the prizes, as always, are awesome.
Let the Guessing Game begin!
Here is a list of who has submitted guesses so far. Get your guesses in before the deadline!
Here is a list of who has submitted guesses so far. Get your guesses in before the deadline![yawpp-signs-5]